The February edition of Pocket Brunch took place today. The event kicked off at a private home for cocktails, coffee and apps before a jazz band led the assembled guest for a New Orleans style parade down the street to Bubba’s Sulky Lounge for the main portion of the meal was served.
Eric Simeon (who you may remember was the original chef at Grace) and Rhonda Crosson were the guest chefs alongside Josh Potocki and Joel Beauchamp. This was one of my favorite of the Pocket Brunch series so far.
- Premeal – praline pig, bruleed grapefruit, banana foster bostock, suzette scones
- Soup – Gumbo Z’herbes with greens and black-eyed peas
- Salad – endive, chared okra, marinated oysters, blood orange and broiled oysters on half shell
- Egg – artichoke hearts, white asparagus, stock-poached egg, creamed cress, parmesan hollandaise and country ham
- Meat – local beef debris, grits 2 ways, crispy sweetbreads, green tomato pickle
- Dessert – king cake
The meal was accompanied by cocktails by Nan’l Meiklejohn and coffee from Tandem Coffee Roasters.
On a related note, yesterday Food Coma published a write-up of last month’s Pocket Brunch with Rob Evans.