The November edition of Pocket Brunch took place this afternoon at a industrial building in South Portland near the oil tank yards.
The theme was French Canadian cuisine:
- Soup – yellow split pea, heritage pork, and spiced hog cracklin
- Salad – a poutine of country fries, goose gravy, cheese curds and cranberry ketchup
- Egg – cretons, hen egg, juniper matsutake salt, super sexe bagel and sausage full of secrets
- Meat – arctic char pie with puff pastry and a seaweed salad
- Dessert – maple/black velvet sugar pie and Allen’s coffee brandy ployes cake
- Entertainment – the backside of the drink menus were bingo cards and the crowd joined in rounds of bingo between courses
Josh Potocki and Joel Beauchamp were joined in the kitchen by Rocco Salvatore Talarico and guest chef Nate Nadeau. Tandem served the coffee and Nan’l Meikeljohn created a set of custom cocktails for the event.
For more photos check out the extensive set of image posted by David Zwickerhill.
Planning is already underway for the December Pocket Brunch. Sign-up on the PB site for their mailing list to be alerted when tickets go on sale.