The January Pocket Brunch took place at Broadturn Farm in Scarborough on Sunday. James Beard award winner Rob Evans was the guest chef for the meal:
- Soup – Maine sunchoke, fried egg yolk, black truffle and beef tongue grabiche
- Salad – spicy gravlax, trout roe, Maine potato, creme fraiche, and pistachio marmalade
- Meat – gold encrusted fois gras, smoked apple butter, apple chips, quince, pickled apple and black bread
- Egg – sunnyside duck yolk, mortadella, brussel sprout hash, saffron-tobasco hollandaise
- Dessert – Broadturn yogurt parfait with almond milk tapioca, blood orange and couscous granola
Premeal bites were accompanied by coffee from Tandem Coffee Roasters and menu of custom cocktails from the Bearded Lady.
The Golden Dish has published a review of Sunday’s Pocket Brunch.
David Zwickerhill was at the brunch with his camera and has posted an extensive set of photos online.