Along with 29 others lucky enough to buy a ticket before they sold out, I went yesterday to the kick-off of Pocket Brunch. The excellent 5-course meal by Josh Potocki and Joel Beauchamp and guest chef Rocco Salvatore Talarico consisted of:
- Chilled corn soup/melon dots/basil ice/crispy serano
- Broadturn tomato/sheep’s milk ricotta salata/basil/mint/fried lemon panko
- Pork belly/black pepper custard/quail yolk/potato/turnip radish salw/toast
- Buttermilk fried frogs legs/lavendar lemon jelly/parsley shooter/garlic chips
- long pepper rosettes/walnut panna cotta/black and sweet caramel jellies/Korean chili sauce
Coffee was from a new Portland-based nano-roastery, Temperance Coffee Roasters which has the tagline “Coffee Roasted with Fear and Conviction”.
The next Pocket Brunch on the calendar is scheduled for September 2 when the guest chefs will be Aki and Alex from the highly regarded blog Ideas in Food. Tickets are available online.