New food and dining developments are taking place all across Maine. Here are some recent updates to keep you in the know on what’s going on:
- Ana “Betty” Guzman has leased space at 1012 Stillwater Ave in Bangor where she plans to open Betty’s Ice Cream. Guzman hopes to have Betty’s open by early March. Guzman hails from Degollado, Mexico and her menu will feature Mexican-style ice cream.
- The Northern Maine Kolache Co. (facebook, instagram) is set to open this Saturday in Van Buren in Aroostook County. Owner Donita Ayotte plans to specialize in preparing Kolaches filled with savory and sweet ingredients.
- The Brick House Kitchen (facebook, instagram) in Skowhegan recently reopened under the ownership of Sarah Dore and Alex Wyman. The restaurant is open for lunch 6 days a week and plans are in the works to add a brunch service.
- Three of the 2024 Beard Awards semifinalists from Maine are located outside of Portland in Milo, Brunswick and Alna.
- Amandine (instagram) opened for business on Thursday. The Searsport bakery is is selling breads, custom cakes, and other baked good including Kürtőskalács a Hungarian pastry. Ladonna Bruce is the head baker for Amandine. They’ll be open Monday through Saturday, 10 am – 4 pm.
- The Don’s Lunch food truck is opening a restaurant in the former River’s Edge Deli site in Westbrook. Owner Craig Bernier hopes to open later this winter or in early spring.
- The Kickstarter campaign to help purchase S. Fernald’s Country Store in Damariscotta has so far raised $31k of their $35k goal.