New food and dining developments are taking place all across Maine. Here are some recent updates to keep you in the know on what’s going on:
- Warren Wine Shop (instagram) owner Joanna Spinks has leased 31 Elm Street (above) in Camden where she plans to open First Fig which will serve Kavka Coffee, croissants from The Place bakery, breads from Brazen Baking in the mornings as well as wine and beer by the glass later in the day. First Fig will also be a wine retail shop. 31 Elm Street was previously occupied by an Oyster River Winegrowers tasting room. Spinks hopes to open First Fig by the end of January.
- The Bangor Daily News has a report on some sales activity in the Bar Harbor restaurant industry.
- A new restaurant called Linden + Front is under construction in the former Relish/Salt Pine Social space in Bath.
- Buttermilk Kitchen at Marriner’s is under construction in Camden.
- Owners Anna and Bowman Brown announced they’ve decided to “close Jackrabbit Cafe as we know it.”