New food and dining developments are taking place all across Maine. Here are some recent updates to keep you in the know on what’s going on:
- Maine’s newest cidery, Sea Hag Cider (instagram) recently opened their tasting room. They’re located at 315 Commercial Street in Rockport. They’re open Fridays through Sunday. Sea Hag ciders are made from Macintosh and Paula Red apples from Randall’s in Standish.
- Edelweiss (instagram) is opening a pastry and chocolate shop in the building that’s been under construction this year at 5 Alfred Street. The new shop is expected to open in January.
- Costa Media (instagram)—the new Camden outpost of Cafe Louis (website, facebook, instagram) in South Portland—held their soft opening Thursday night. Moving forward they’ll be open Friday through Tuesday, noon – 9 pm. Costa Media is located at 50 Elm Street in the former Wolf Peach building.
- The Holy Donut has announced plans to open a new donut shop in Brunswick this spring. It will be located on Route 1 in a building formerly occupied by a Tim Horton’s.
- The Pen Bay Pilot published an article about Albatross, the new restaurant set to open soon in Camden.
- The storm earlier in the week impacted numerous restaurants in its path. This report from Maine Public about the Augusta/Hallowell/Gardiner area, and this one from the Bangor Daily News provide some insight into the issues restaurants are dealing with as they recover.