Here are some recent food and dining highlights from around the state:
- The Morning Sentinel reports that Main Street Skowhegan is working on a $1M+ project to launch a shared commercial kitchen and food hall in downtown Skowhegan.
- A new business called Main Street Provisions (instagram) recently opened in Waterville. The shops stock beer, wine, and specialty foods sourced from local/regional producers.
- Miller’s Market (website, instagram) is under construction at 29 School Street in Gorham center. Miller’s will be a butcher and seafood shop, sandwich shop and caterer. Owner Sam Smith hopes to be open on November 1st.
- A coffee shop specializing in nitro cold brew coffee called Swell (instagram) is under construction in Saco (right photo). The shop will be located at 200 Main Street. In addition to nitro cold brew, Swell will serve teas and seasonal drinks as well as a small selection of baked goods. They will be sourcing their beans from Carrabassett Coffee Company. Swell is being launched by Kelsey and Peter Vacca along with business partners Chrissy and Taylor Archambault.
- The Midcoast pop-up kitchen Albatross (instagram) has leased the former Gypsy Rose in Camden (left photo) where owners Maggie and Jeffrey Harris plan to transform their business into a brick and mortar restaurant. Albatross plans to serve a menu of globally-inspired small plates plus some sandwiches.