In celebration of fall and Maine apple season, The Righteous Russet (instagram) and Portland Food Map are collaborating with a group of local restaurants to showcase heirloom and unusual apple varieties. The restaurants, bars and bakeries listed below will all be featuring dishes this coming Thursday through Sunday produced with varieties like Bramley Seedling and Knobbed Russet.
- Belleville will be cooking with Redfield and is open this week Friday through Sunday
- Chaval will be cooking with Callville Blanc d’Hiver and is open this week Thursday through Saturday
- Leeward will be cooking with Smokehouse and is open this week Thursday through Saturday
- Magnus on Water will be cooking with Bramley’s Seedling and is open this week Friday through Sunday
- Mr. Tuna will be cooking with Knobbed Russet and Tolman Sweet and is open this week on the Eastern Promenade Thursday through Sunday
- Sur Lie will be cooking with Yellow Newtown Pippin and is open this week Thursday through Saturday
- Union will be cooking with Northern Spy and is open this week Thursday through Sunday
- The Purple House is cooking with Tolman Sweet
The opening of The Purple House has been delayed a week. Visit them starting October 29th for their regular menu and their Apples Four Days special.
Follow them on instagram to see what they’re cooking up with these special apples, and when you visit tag the pictures you post online with #applesfourdays.