The 2022 edition Portland Wine Week (website, facebook, instagram, twitter) is taking place this summer June 13th to 19th at various locations across the city. There are nearly 50 events on the calendar and more are being added every week.
Here are some of the highlights. Visit the Portland Wine Week site to see the full list of events.
- A Women in Wine panel discussion featuring women working in all parts of the industry from export managers and wine importers to sommeliers and winemakers.
- A 4-course Women Winemaker Luncheon, one of the courses will feature an Ukrainian sparkling wine from ArtWine.
- Wine dinners at Mami, Isa, Broken Arrow, David’s Opus Ten and Helm.
- A Riedel Wine Glass Tasting to illustrate how the shape of the glass can influence the perception of the wine.
- A (sold out) 5-course, 10-sommelier wine dinner that challenges pairs of sommeliers to some friendly competition on who comes up with the best pairing for each dish on the menu.
- Chef Mimi Weissenborn and sommelier Cha McCoy are collaborating on a dinner at Sur Lie. McCoy has been recognized by Wine Enthusiast Magazine as a “Top 40 Under 40 Tastemakers” and by Wine & Spirits Magazine as a Rising Black Voice in Wine.
- A 4-course Champagne Brunch at Chaval with a French-inspired menu utilizing local and regional ingredients, caviar, and heritage meats.
- Wine Wise wine sails in Casco Bay Wednesday through Sunday.
- Numerous other events and weeklong wine pour and food specials at restaurants around Portland.
Follow Portland Wine Week on instagram to keep in the loop on new events as they’re announced.
Also check out the Sponsorship page on portlandwineweek.me for opportunities to support Portland Wine Week overall or specific events on the program.