The semi-final list of nominees for the 2017 James Beard Foundation awards were released today. There are 12 semifinalist nominees from Maine:
- Best New Restaurant – Drifters Wife
- Best Chef: Northeast – Andrew Taylor and Mike Wiley, Eventide; Keiko Suzuki Steinberger, Suzuki’s Sushi Bar; Ravin Nakjaroen, Long Grain; and Brian Hill, Francine Bistro
- Wine, Beer or Spirits Professional – Rob Tod, Allagash Brewing Co.
- Outstanding Restaurant – Fore Street, and Chase’s Daily in Belfast
- Outstanding Bar Program – Portland Hunt and Alpine Club
- Outstanding Baker – Alison Pray, Standard Baking
- Outstanding Pastry Chef – Ilma Lopez, Piccolo
- Rising Star of the Year – Cara Stadler, Tao Yuan
The final list of nominees will be released on March 15th, and the awards ceremony will take place on May 1st in Chicago.