The 6th Annual Maine Restaurant Week is taking place March 1-10 this year. A number of MRW special events have been announced:
- Incredible Breakfast Cook-off, restaurants compete to earn the title of Maine’s Best Breakfast. February 28, 7-9 am, $20-22.50 per person
- Bowl Big Tournament, teams of four people will be paired with a restaurant professional to compete in a bowling tournament. March 2, 2-5 pm. $100 per team
- Portland Chinese Restaurants, a lecture on the history of Chinese restaurants in Portland presented by Gary Libby, March 4, noon.
- Pancake Race, teams of four will compete in a pancake flipping relay race. March 4, 6:30 pm. $40 per team
- Maine Restaurant Fare, a lecture by eminent food historian Sandy Oliver, March 8, 7 pm.
- Signature Event, a tasting event featuring cocktails and desserts from Maine restaurants. March 9, 5:30 – 8 pm. $40 -50 per person.