Here’s a look at the top stories from May 2008:
- John and Brendan Ready won the National Young Entrepreneurs of the Year award from the Small Business Administration.
- Local 188 bartender John Myers won the B&B 70th Anniversary Master Mixologist Showcase for his cocktail The Touchable.
- Caiola’s started serving brunch.
- Captain Mowatt’s won the People’s Choice award at the Cajun Hot Sauce Festival.
- The Merry Table opened on Wharf Street.
- The Phoenix reviewed Gaucho’s Churrascaria “What would you pay to have a handsome young man wearing a sash around his hips anticipate your every need for about an hour? At Gauchos Churrascaria it goes for $30, and it comes with meat. Drinks are extra. A lot extra, actually. And drinks help.”
- Novare Res opened.
- Nabisco ceased production of the Crown Pilot crackers.
- The Grill Room opened in the space formerly occupied by Natasha’s.