Monday —chef Damian Sansonetti is holding a Sonnet pop-up dinner.
Tuesday —chef Rob Evans is appearing on Food Network for an episode of Chopped Champions. El Rayo is kicking off their language exchange program; every Tuesday 3-4 pm El Rayo will host this event to connect English and Spanish native speakers. Participants will have a chance to learn from each other while enjoying half-priced drinks from the bar.
Thursday — the Great Lost Bear is showcasing Bray’s Brewpub.
Friday —in a continuation of their monthly international dinner series Eve’s is featuring Aphrodisiacs from Italy and Greece.
Saturday — Rosemont is holding a wine tasting, and the Winter Farmers Market is taking place.
Sunday — chefs Sam Hayward, Rob Evans and Chad Conley will be cooking at Flatbread to raise money for Share Our Strength, The Chinese Laundry will be serving up tea and dumplings at Speckled Ax, the (sold out) February edition of Pocket Brunch is taking place, Petite Jacqueline is screening Sabrina, Two Fat Cats is teaching a baking class.
Figa — starting this week Figa is reopening, by reservation only, on Fridays and Saturdays.
Valentine’s Day — restaurants have started posting their plans for Valentine’s Day. The holiday falls on a Thursday this year and nearly every restaurant will be open. Here are the one’s planning Valentine’s Day menus or events:
- Anthony’s, 5-course dinner and Rat Pack Valentine’s Day show, $39.95
- Bar Lola, 5-course prix fixe, $55 per person.
- Five Fifty-Five, 5-course tasting menu, $88 per person with optional wine pairing for $35 or $50.
- Hugo’s, 7-course dinner, $80 per person with optional wine pairing at $55.
- Nosh is celebrating a Love Affair with Bacon.
- Novare Res is collaborating with Sweet Marguerite’s to serves a set of beer and chocolate pairings.
- Petite Jacqueline, 3-course dinner, $55 per person with optional menu supplements, wine pairing and champagne flights.
- Roost and Modern Vegan are collaborating to offer 5-course series of chocolate and wine pairings, $25 per couple.
- The Holy Donut is making a strawberry glazed donut drizzled with 60% dark chocolate.
- The Salt Exchange, 6-course Midnight in Paris menu, $65 per person.
- Twenty Milk Street, 3-course menu.
- Zapoteca, 4-course dinner “Celebrating the Love of Asian Influenced Mexican Cuisine”, $50 per person.
- Maine Restaurant Week has posted their recommendations for Valentine’s Day parsed by relationship status.
Modern Vegan Cooking School — throughout February and March, Modern Vegan is teaching a series a cooking classes on winter soups, cooking for weight loss, cooking with greens, vegan entertaining and more.
If you are holding a food event this week that’s not listed above, publicize it by adding it as a comment to this post.