The extremely well-informed, knowledgeable and friendly staff and a well stocked store of books on food, wine, and gardening make this a must visit location for local and visiting foodies alike. For more information visit their website or the bookstore’s blog.
Rabelais has been written up in Saveur, Food and Wine, and numerous other publications.
Bon Appetit described Rabelais as the “clubhouse for this loose confederation of food lovers” and in the same article Krista Kern Desjarlais declared it the “town square for Portland’s food community”.
Rabelais closed their Portland store in January 2012 and relocated to Biddeford. Their new location opened up May 2012.
- RabelaisSleeping Hedgehog (01/05/2010)
- RabelaisPostcards from Tom (09/20/2008)
- RabelaisThe Ethicurean (06/07/2008)
- RabelaisFood and Wine (06/01/2008)
- RabelaisBoston Globe (08/01/2007)
- RabelaisThe Phoenix (04/25/2007)