Here’s a look at the top stories from a decade ago in September and October 2008:
- The Forage Kill Grow Deathmatch took place.
- The Portland City Council voted to “ban smoking in outdoor dining areas before 10 p.m.”
- Michael Bauer visited Portland writing that “Portland is . . . about a tenth of the size of San Francisco, yet in terms of food, it’s every bit as sophisticated”.
- Chef Lee Skawinski from Cinque Terre/Vignola served a dinner at The James Beard House.
- Big Mama’s Diner closed.
- A bicycle food delivery service called Veloport launched.