Portland’s New Crop of Restaurants
The Press Herald has published an overview of the new crop of restaurants set to launch in Portland in this spring and summer. Specifically featured in the article:
- 66S – an Asian fusion restaurant on Fore Street
- Chaval – a French and Spanish restaurant opening in the former Caiola’s space
- Cheevitdee – a health focused Thai restaurant in the Old Port
- Cong Tu Bot – a Vietnamese noodle restaurant on Washington Ave
- Noble BBQ – a brick and mortar restaurant from moobile vendor Fire & Co.
- North 43 – the South Portland restaurant replacing Joe’s Boathouse
- Old Port Lobster Shack – a seafood restaurant on Fore Street
- Yobo – a Korean restaurant opening in the former Madd Apple Cafe space on Forest Ave
Several other new businesses including Blyth & Burrows, Bujabelle, Chad Conley’s new business on Forest Ave, Island Creek Oysters, Little Giant, Lio and Mami are also mentioned.
There are a number of other food businesses in various stages of development, see the Under Construction page for a full list.